Tuesday 17 January 2012

It's a bit cooler ..... so ....





Well, yesterday afternoon, didn't the sea breeze come howling in (thank goodness!) off the ocean. Oh, we love the sea breeze, the Two Legged Ones and I as it turns a horrible, sticky hot day into a lovely fresh, almost cold day - it's like a huge outdoor air conditioner, sitting right there, in your face. It's just the best thing - without it, summer where I live 'Down Under' would be like Summer back in Dubai! So, in celebration, the Two Legged Ones hurried home from work, collected me and off we went to - well, take a guess - my favourite river - and I had a swim (not at first though as, really, seriously, that sea breeze makes it rather chilly!) and I ran like crazy around the cricket oval. The Two Legged Ones kept saying that I was like a puppy again (in my mind, I still am - I may be 6 years old but I have the mental agility and attitude of a 6 month old!), I was running and doing circle work and I did so many Westie Rolls that I was dizzy. And I met loads of other four legged ones who, like me, said how wonderful it was to have that sea breeze in as we could go for long walks again!

Woof for now.

Groucho

3 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

Sounds like a wonderful time you had!! By the looks of the pictures, I would say you still looked rather young, just like a pup running!! :o)

~Higgins

Anonymous said...

Groucho, I could practically FEEL that sea breeze just from the way you described it. Ahhhhhhh!!! It's Most Lovely! I'm so glad you had such a very much wonderful time and that you got to cool down a bit.

And 6 years old is still a puppy, as far as I'm concerned!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Hoke said...

Aren't sea breezes the best!!! AND I don't mean the drink HA!!! Enjoy your cool weather and hope you get some more tomorrow!!!!!