Sunday 20 January 2013

Dock Days

Where I live, Down Under, we are blessed, during the Summer months, with the 'sea breeze' - I've mentioned this wonderful natural air conditioner before but we never tire of it - it is truly a wonderful wonderful thing - so last week, when that seabreeze came HOWLING in off the Indian Ocean, we raced to the car and headed to the wharf (or the docks as some two legged ones call it). She loves going there - because it's cool, it's always busy with ships coming and going and the cranes working non-stop -
and He enjoys going because there are some great photo opportunities -
And I love going to the wharf because

a) the smells are brilliant - oh, there are other four legged one smells, fish smells, bird smells - so many smells to sniff that I go giddy with it all!

b) the water looks amazing - it's all sparkly and I love standing on the edge of the wharf (with my lead on, of course, because ccording to Her, I 'cannot be trusted' with so many birds around), looking at it and sticking my head into the seabreeze and sniffing the great smells and

c)with all the happenings going on, it's impossible NOT to have a great time!!!! I mean, it's great fun - looking at all the ships, wondering where they have come from, where they are going to - it's all just food for my Westie imagination!

Woof for now

Groucho

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Grouch those smells must be wonderful. I could just go for a roll in fish stuff right now. Great pix by the way. Have a super sunday.
Best wishes Molly

Pippa Sheltie said...

That looks so pretty, groucho1 You are very lucky to live there, but I think it would be too warm for me!
Pip :)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

What a fantastic place, Groucho! We've been having cooler temps here in central NSW, so we're able to get outside. Wish we had a REAL beach near us......we LOVE to chase birds.

XXXoOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Sweet William The Scot said...

Oh I wish I was at the dock with you, sparking water and nice breeze. My breeze is single numbers and dropping to below zero. That means I have frosty paws and ice forms around my nose if I stay outside.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot

Patrice and Higgins said...

What a great place!! I'm with Molly...I would love to do some smelly rolling in the fishies!!

~Higgins

Hoke said...

All those smells would make me crazy!!! I don't think I would leave and I certainly wouldn't be able to walk right on the leash either. AND that bird...he's scary looking...kind of how those geese scare me here! I can't wait to get back to the beach. It was destroyed during the hurricane and while our place is ok, they certainly won't let me on the beach with all the garbage that's still around. Hopefully soon we will be back in full swing and my weekends will be spend barking at seagulls and sniffing salt air!! Here's to weekend getaways!!!

Oskar said...

It looks like a really cool spot!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Asta said...

Hewo Gwoucho
It's so lovely to meet you and get yoow note of good wishes. I think whewe yoo live must be wondewful. I can see yoo sniffing those cool bweezes.
Smoochie kisses
Asta